Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Project Budget Buster - Phase II - New Parts!!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Project Budget Buster - Phase II - New Parts!!!

Okay officially changing the name of my truck from "drought buster" (anytime i go to a show during a drought, it WILL rain, even if its just enough to mess the trucks up ) to BUDGET BUSTER cuz holy crap this thing is WIPING me out!!!! keeping running into more and more crap i gotta buy for this reason or that i added it up the other night and nearly shat myself its into the 5 digit range now, way beyond my original budget! lol

anyway, Phase I - Ripdown pics are here....

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...5&pagenumber=1

I'll post up all my new parts in this Phase II thread, then Phase III will be the buildup HOPEFULLY next week!

New SW Gauges! Oil pressure, fuel pressure, water temp, boost. already have tranny temp and volts in the truck, and have an innovative wideband on its way from big bill
    Also got my Mad coil pack screws

LFP billet lower pulley hub, 40 feet of 0 gauge wire (need to order another 20 feet of silver) for relocating my dual batteries into the bed, and a 5/16th and a 3/8th SS y-fittings for the dual fuel pumps to replace the crappy stock plastic one. FREEBIE! a guy on nloc found a company that sells various fittings, and if you have a legit work address for some place that would use them, you can request a catalog and a few free samples. Submitted mine yesterday around 3:00 and they overnighted them fedex and i got them today! wow that was fast! they arent sending out any more SS Y fitting freebies though cuz the recent drastic increase for them. too many nloc members reqesting catalogs and freebies at once

Magnaflow polished SS Lightning catback from LFP!

and i posted this before in my other thread, but its new parts so....

my order from Madferrari...4R100 tranny cross member, radiator hose, itnercooler hoses, cross main bolts, main engine bay harness, left side harness, bottom end gasket kit, NGK plugs, throttle cable, cruise cable, shifter cable. etc. etc.

I'll be getting a lot more stuff later into the week from Ayrton, and hopefully my block on wednesday-thursday

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ought to wait till your done with all the little POS Ford parts your going to need. Various bolts and what nots will get you good. Ask 2cool. His little project got him square on towards the end as the list of Ford parts grew.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    oh i'm sure i'm not done running onto missing stuff yet lol

i'm going to have over a grand just for the f*cking fuel system. running dual pumps for the s/c, and of course my truck is only single and the entire left side wiring harness is different since the dual pumps is dual voltage. 200 bucks for that harness. and of course that doesnt plug into the stock main engine bay harness, another 500 bucks for that friggin thing just so the 2 extra pins from the left side harness for the fuel pumps will plug in

then ford doesnt sell just the fuel pump brackets itself, they only sell the entire assembly, even though i dont need the stock pumps another 275 for that, and 25 for the resistor.

ah i cant wait to see the tranny nightmeres i run into

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You aint done yet bro...

I bet you got another 500 you have not even thought about......

Plan as best you can but that little Bastard Murphy is always hiding out waiting to drop in on you at the last minute...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    never said i was done yet just posting up more parts i got today from ups/fedex/usps. i bet i got waaaay more than 500 in chit left to go

grand total spent so far is right around 12,000
    and that is 5 digits just editied my original post to fix that. chit i wish it was still in the 4 digit range lol

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just keep saying it will all be worth it in the end.....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by bgstew6
    You aint done yet bro...

I bet you got another 500 you have not even thought about......

Plan as best you can but that little Bastard Murphy is always hiding out waiting to drop in on you at the last minute...
    I know that guy,...................... he lives next door! lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL

I think he lives in my closet!! Along with the Mod Bug

You can spend 500 bucks in Fluids and filters

and never said you said you were done....meant you defintley weren't done spending money silly azz!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol i'm well aware of that fact unfortunately! haha

currently have 383.37 in my checking account, and a credit card bill for 383.00.....WOO HOO i officially have 37 cents to my name! livin paycheck to paycheck on the mods now

by the time i'm done this project, it wont be Murphys Law anymore, it'll be Verdieck's Law!

the mod bug is worse on the wallet than a friggin crack addiction

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    aint that the truth....

Now that the grills will be arriving.....mommas mod bug will be bitting me in the AZZ!! as well...so I guess I am gonna be double Broke,

THank God I have all the parts and all I will need is paint....that is until the SC goes on the Expy

THE FINAL DETAIL
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn man... My wallet hurt after my Nav system install... after looking at what you're doing, my wallet hurts *FOR* you...

I can't wait to see the end product... Nice work Josh!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh, did you hit the lottery? Whats up Bro? I wish I had the money you put in that truck. Keep up the spending though. I am living vicariously through you while I recover from my year long project. I'll pay off my debt while I watch you rebuild. Then I'll have to see what happens next. I may have to dive back into my Stang and add more there. The KB bug has been nipping at my heels but I've been holding it at bay for the time being! Good luck, no need to tell you to keep us posted. That would be an understatement! I'm getting a kick out of it

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha, i could only WISH i hit the lottery! Living at home again for 9 months til i go back to Drexel in april, so got 0 bills except for gas and tolls for going to work, so pretty much 99.9% of my income is going to this damn project right now i should be paying off my student loans, but i'll start working on them next year when i'm off for another 6 months from school on my 2nd co-op job, and when i'm "done" modding lmao

hasnt been too bad til lately because i've been buying parts for this since last may, and got most of the big stuff. now its the nickel and dime stuff thats killing me from here on out!

i'm hoping by end of january to have the motor and trans in, then by end of february to get all the little stuff done....fuel pumps, rest of frame stripped/undercoated, remote dual battery setup completed, neons wired back up, etc. I would have had the motor and trans in by newyears, but a week long delay at the machine shop fubar'ed that plan up.
    taking a while, but i only have a few hours each night to work on it, so it'll get done when its done

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Should be nice when you're done.
    Try to save up enough for working the bugs out and tuning when you're done.
    2002 Black Harley-Davidson F150
    2.6 KB, DMP Built Motor, Dynatech LT's

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    F*ck josh, i think you've gotten a little bit too much presents for christmas this year,

and im sure its the best one ever!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast