Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Thankyou to all!!! I'm Home~

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Public Thankyou to all!!! I'm Home~

That's Correct!!!!!

Officially released from the Hospital last night. I got home around midnight last night after the doc's were satisfied that my back was stable and ready to head home to relax and wait for surgery next week.

As some of you may have known, I have had an ongoing back problem that was giving me hell for about 6 months. Everytime I went into see the Doc when the pain got bad..I would start a slow reovery process that would make it about two months and then it would relapse and be worse than the time before. It finally came to a head about week ago today. Feeling great on thursday morning, got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, packed up for work and headed out the door to the truck. I made it about 15 ft and then all hell broke loose. Severe pain ensued...and I made it back to the house...and the pain kept increasing....so much so that I could not stand, started blackin out from the pain, and managed to slump over the coffee table and do what I could to hang on until I could successfullly dial the numbers to call my wife back to the house....where we called the Ambulance and Paramedics to get my azz to the ER. Took forever to get admitted but once that was complete and a goood dose of Happy Meds....finally got the pain under control and the process started....

Took them two days to get me in for an MRI to identify the problem, Fitted for a brace, found the right combination of meds, correct angle to lie down
    at etc . I guess someone forgot to let the docs know to just work in some Salsa and CHips into the mix.....LOL

Diagnosis is a buldged disc....scheduled for surgery next Friday.....they will go in and do some modding for me....remove damaged area..repac with some phenolic spacer and put in place some nice titanium rods...surgery should take 2-4 hours depending on damage....and then should be back home 24hrs later on the road to recovery. Until then NO MODDING< NO WORK, no nothing!!!My mom and Step Dad are in town and helping out around the house!

I have to send a heartfelt thank you to everyone here for all the well wishes!!! YOu guys and gals here are the best!!! I thank you, the wife thanks you and little Stewie thanks you!!! Still in bad shape here, but at home and resting up! Said it before and will always say it again!! The NHTOC is the Best damn group of people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and being a part of! All the telephone calls, cards, words of encouragement really means alot to me and my family! Getting calls from my friends here from coast to coast daily checkin in on me...DBL G, ACWalsh, Kromdom, 100th,BritinCali, 02MoneyPit, Grey HD, MetalMan only to name a few....the list goes on and on!!

I also have to thank the band of crappers for kicking a guy when he is down...you guys suck!!! ROFLMAO!! JK Although I was expecting much worse from ya'll...Thanks to the Crappers for stopping buy, calling and checkin in on me! I cant say thank you enough....Really made me feel at ease knowing you guys were/are around to help out the wife and little Stew if needed.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone here....or even begin to explain how much all the support means to my family and I! Words just cant do it....awestruck, and humbled by everyones actions here..

BUt THank YOu to all!! BGSTEW6 2.0 coming soon....

01HarleyDUde!! As soon as I can get the box the lid is on the way...if you need it expedited let me know and it will get out with a fervor.
    Last edited by bgstew6; 02-08-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome back Stew!!! and here's to a speedy (surgery and ) recovery

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Take care of yourself and do what the doc tell ya!

If ya need anything just holla, your bro's are here for ya.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome back stew! Good to know you're ok & Good luck with the surgery!

NHTOC Paid Member
    Name: HOTSANDRAIL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by HOTSANDRAIL; 01-07-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome back Stew. Get well soon and let me know if you need anything. I know I am a couple of hours away but willing to drive down to SD and help a fellow crapper. Heres to a speedy recovery and version 2.0 coming back stronger and better.
    sixmillion.gif

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Missed U

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome home Stew....glad to have you back..

Hey how many HP are those mods gonna get you??? LOL...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Glad you are home & stable Stew!! I wish you the best of success in your lumbar rebuild. Onward & upward! Don't over do it!

Paul

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey man glad you are back to the house and doing alright, good luck with the surgery man, your in my prayers. my dad had it done a long time ago. heal up and dont be a hero and try to do too much too early in your rehab.

ship the lid whenever man, its the least of your concerns. i am deployed at the end of the month so as long as its to me before the 27th its cool.......
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Welcome back Stew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks again all...

Thanks too Dave, for the Calls Bro....always good talking with friends...and about trucks....!!

2003 H/D #6809
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah man, welcome back.......did the pulley swap, plugs and updated my predator from 7r5 to 8r10 all by myself....you would be so proud

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Glad to hear you are back!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    slacker

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast