Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blower heat exchanger over heat?

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Blower heat exchanger over heat?

Do many of you have the reservoir blow or boil over? Mine did on the dyno and even on the new motor and blower the stock system boils over. My pump is working fine.
    I just bought the SVT twin fan interchiller setup but I was over heating making runs on the HWY.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine has boiled over a couple of times, but on both occasions the intercooler pump wasnt running and needed a tap to fire up. Is your coolant flowing?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    never boiled over yet and I drive her hard....in all temps...

but I do have JLP Oversized Res tank and afco HE....hold about 5 gallons of water in my IC system total....

Are you sure your Pump is working fine?

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Never had any problems with mine. Almost 39XXX miles.

jpanchalk
    Name:

I have JLPs race resivoir and Afco as well, and I get fluid spraying out of the pressure release all the time. It's not boil-over, though, because it never seems to get that hot. I think it's because the return line sprays fluid in with such velocity that it just splashes violently. With the cap off it gets all over.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how full you have it JP....mine is two inches from top...no splash out or anything here...do you have updated lid with vent holes in it...

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pump is working but maybe its not enough. Could be tired as I dont see a lot of flow.......some as with a little mixing.I am going to flush the line with some good soap. The IC itself is new and everything was drained when I put the new motor in.
    Thanks
    MODS:
    MMR 900HP block,Crower Hi-lift Stage II cams,L&M adjustable cam gear,JLP alluminum intake,Accufab TB,JLP Cold Induction,Dekka 60 injectors,twin 255 Fuel pumps,Accel COPs,Reichard Bbower spacer,Kenne Bell 2.3 with Magnum Powers Idler Bracket,Cobra WP,twin row radiator,F250 trans cooler mod,PI torque convertor, Brian's Truck built transmission,Carbon Fiber driveshaft, Bilstiens, slotted rotors, LFP traction bars, Bassani hi flow mids to Magnaflow, SS brake lines, Chickenears Twin Fan , AFCO interchiller, LFP E fan (2nd edition),JLP aluminum intercooler tank,Autometer boost guage, Aeroforce H/D Gauge , Pioneer AVCII , Alpine TV,Alpine speakers,two Bazooka subs,sound matting,stop theif door plates,satillite radio.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    pull the pump off

take it apart....take your time...

after you seperate the impeller from the motor....turn the motor upside down and tap on it ......probably get a crap pot of brush material out of it...looks like graphite powder when it comes out....might be a temp fix.....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have read in posts over at NLOC that some folks have had the pump suction restricted with debris,.. or ? Might want to check for any restriction. Not sure if this the same thing Stew is talking about. It also might be a good idea to get some electrical contact cleaner & spray down the armature & brushes,....... your brushes may also be worn if you have a lot of miles on her. Good luck.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no BBU,

This is brushing material that has worn off the armatures in the motor housing assembly...

you remove the outer impeler assembly where the water is pumped...then tap and knock out the material...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is a link to some comments from Vince over at NLOC about the I/C pump.
    Sounds like similiar issues,.. http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthre...tercooler+pump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. Drain your heat exchanger by opening the pet**** valve...or clamp off the lines going into and out of the pump
    2. Take off the two hoses that connect to the IC pump
    >>>IC pump is located on underside of front bumper (towards driver side)
    3. Remove the pump from bracket (2 8mm bolts on top of pump in center)
    4. Remove the six screws from front of pump once off the truck
    5. Take apart the front side of pump and you'll see all the build up of black cake like crap
    6. Lightly tap to break it loose and dump it out
    7. Replace the pump back together (make sure both orange O-rings go back)
    8. Reinstall pump and lines, refill with drained or new coolant/water wetter mix

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pics of pump cleaning

Well,
    I havent tested it yet but this has been the easiest service I have done with the exception of oil change. 30 minutes.I will say I kept the waterwetter using a filter and found some calcium.That must be left over from the hoses because the IC and tank were cleaned and I recall putting bottle water in..... In two pictures you can see a peice of leaf?????? The dust wasnt too bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by l8tapex; 07-26-2006 at 08:43 AM.

jpanchalk
    Name:

Stew-
    Also about 2 inches from top here. Got the vented lid. There's no WAY it could be boiling. It just doesn't get hot enough. I'm going to check the same thing...looks like cleaning the pump out is simple enough.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpanchalk
    Stew-
    Also about 2 inches from top here. Got the vented lid. There's no WAY it could be boiling. It just doesn't get hot enough. I'm going to check the same thing...looks like cleaning the pump out is simple enough.

Dont see how it could be boiling...if it was you sure would know it as your PCM would be pulling time like a mother.....

It is an easy clean.....I did mine at 12k miles and it had a bunch of crap in it......been 27k since then and am going to crack her open and see how she is doing.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast