Well FINALLY got my motor and trans and all those goodies on newyears eve thanks to the "Harley Express"! HUGE thanks to everybody who pitched in, especially those who were a leg in the relay race to get my motor from Atlanta GA to Swedesboro NJ! the NHTOC never ceases to amaze me with all the help!

And i also just gotta say, HOLY CRAP outnumbered's truck is the CLEANEST friggin harley truck i've ever seen makes my truck look like nothing in comparison when its clean!

and he said he hit rain too on his drive up to burlington NC to meet me and tattoostuff...that chrome was bling blingin!

ready to unload the goods from truck to truck

Now for the reassembly part

Spanky99L was out from Arizona for 2 weeks visiting family in MD, so he drove up newyears day to help me assemble my motor before flying back to AZ on tuesday

freshy fresh machined block...dipped, decked, line honed, cross hatched and honed, crank double keyed polished & knife edged, bearing clearances set, etc. excuse the ugly parts on the outside of the block, didnt have time to paint it since we got it up here the night before spanky came and i was sick as a dog, so once its finished i'll paint it then before dropping it in the truck...

ARP main studs installed...

polished & knife edged crank in...

double keyed

New Forged H-Beam Rods w/ ARP 2000 bolts next to stock POS rods

stock rings, only 2,900 miles on them so was fine to reuse them

Bank 1 done!

the second to LAST fukin ring snapped at the very edge when claming it down in the compressor tool to push the piston down into the cylinder. caught the edge of the tool funny somehow and broke. was newyears day, no places open to buy new rings, so....only option...my old motor is now a V7 popped the harmonic balancer off, water pump pulley, valve cover, head, oil pan, pulled the #3 piston and took the #2 ring to replace the #2 ring that broke. looked nearly brand new test fitting it into the new block, so hopefully i dont run into any problems! lol

now i got TWO friggin motors to put back together
anybody got a stock #2 piston ring btw? just so i can put my stock 5.4 back together

stock N/A piston and rod...sorry for the crappy pic...blurry and everything dripping with oil

ladies and gentlemen...we have a shortblock!

ARP head studs installed (dont look at that rust on the top of the block! lol it'll be gone soon!)

new head gaskets...

stock heads and cams....ran outta money for anything other

its lookin like a long block!

and this is how its sitting right now....

i'm missing 2 freezeout plugs. machine shop must have removed them. dealer said they are 13.8mm quite an odd size! lol

missing this one in the front of the block below the water pump

and this one in the rear above the rear main seal

anybody have any pointers for putting in freeze plugs? never did one before. madferrari has a set coming to me though from a dealer so i should get them tomorrow hopefully. i'm at a standstill til then. once they are in i can put the timing chain cover on, valve covers, rear main seal and cover, paint the block, and drop the motor in!!!