Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Project Ball Buster - Phase III - Reassembly!!!

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i agree with dude on this one josh...they should be able to do that

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ah i see what you're saying now. that would still be a big hassle though, and without me taking the motor and crank there for them to measure it dead on, there's still a good chance it wont fit just right, and would maybe take a few tries. i'll end up maxing out my heads and cams before i'll be at the point for needing a double key, i just figured getting it all done at once for some piece of mind, but I want to get this truck done sometime this year LoL! I can see in 5 years i'll be doing another motor, heads, cams, whipple, etc. etc. i'll make sure its done right that time, and that the jerk off machine shop test fits the stuff before they send it back this makes me question the quality of the other work they did on the whole motor

and the paint on the idlers, lol yep it'll wear off where the belt contacts it pretty quick, but the front will hold up fine. just wanted to bling them out a bit next year when i recoop some cash i'll be getting the full line of billetflow idlers

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I didn't know you needed a water pump for it... You need the stock one if so I still have the one from the Lightning sitting out in the shed.

Oops just noticed you said you are getting from Bill. Never mind.

Later...
    Bruce

click da pic!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yep! getting the 03+ Navi pump from big bill. all aluminum, shielded impellars, and wasnt bad at like 78 bucks or so.
    Thanks for the offer though!

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Originally posted by Harley#356
    yep! getting the 03+ Navi pump from big bill. all aluminum, shielded impellars, and wasnt bad at like 78 bucks or so.
    Thanks for the offer though!
    Awesome. I figured if I ever replaced the water pump again I would go with the electric Meziere. Why did you go with an almost stock set up??? What benefits?

Later...
    Bruce

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i've heard some negative stuff about the meziere reading up on pumps at nloc so didnt get one of those. also my motor didnt come with one, ayrton said it was pretty rusty inside from sitting so long, and i didnt want to pirate it off my stock motor, so figured since i needed one might as well get a navi one since its the best out of all the other stock pumps. cobra pumps are a joke, more flow with smaller impellars? the navi will look nice painted up, and lighter since its aluminum, and flow a tad better with the big shielded impellars

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    i've heard some negative stuff about the meziere reading up on pumps at nloc so didnt get one of those. also my motor didnt come with one, ayrton said it was pretty rusty inside from sitting so long, and i didnt want to pirate it off my stock motor, so figured since i needed one might as well get a navi one since its the best out of all the other stock pumps. cobra pumps are a joke, more flow with smaller impellars? the navi will look nice painted up, and lighter since its aluminum, and flow a tad better with the big shielded impellars
    Aha and I learn something new. Cool.

Thanks

Later...
    Bruce

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i've been meaning to post up a new thread here on water pump differences, but never got around to it. maybe later tonight i will.

from nloc...

pic of difference between 03+ navi pump and stock Lightning/HD pump

Navi on Left....L/HD on right...notice shielded impellars on navi pump

here's a pic of the stock L/HD pump next to a cobra pump. the cobra pump has shielded impellars for better flow, but the blades are a LOT smaller, so alot less flow. plus the closer to the center the blades are the slower they are pushing the coolant.

cobra pump on left and stock L/HD pump on right

side by side shot...cobra pump next to navi pump...obvious which one flows more

The shaft is also shorter too (need an e-fan to run the navi pump), so adds more clearance in front of the motor and a cleaner look

now i've read the stock 03 L pump has shielded impellars like the navi pump, but its not aluminum. so i'd imagine the 03 HD's got the same shielded impellar design as the 03 L's, so the only advantage of swapping to a Navi pump on a 03 HD if it does already have shielded impellars would be the shorter shaft, cleaner looking, and lighter aluminum

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    josh... package leaving in the morning... did you get the lower interchangeable hub from Mark @LFP?

Looking great man!

ROb W

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ahhh great now I have two more items to add to the mod list.

Thanks!

Bruce

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rob, yep i got my lower hub from Mark, but he forgot to include the hardware for the ring, I only got the hardware to bolt the hub on. He said he'd ship me the ring hardware out but I havent heard back from him in a while. I may be ordering some longtubes and midpipes from him soon though, so I'll see what the status on the hardware is then

Bruce, 2 more items? navi pump and????

Back From the Dark Side
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rob, yep i got my lower hub from Mark, but he forgot to include the hardware for the ring, I only got the hardware to bolt the hub on.
    I think I have extras in my toolbox, he shorted me a couple too and I picked them up at the hardware store

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rob, yep i got my lower hub from Mark, but he forgot to include the hardware for the ring, I only got the hardware to bolt the hub on. He said he'd ship me the ring hardware out but I havent heard back from him in a while. I may be ordering some longtubes and midpipes from him soon though, so I'll see what the status on the hardware is then

Bruce, 2 more items? navi pump and????
    Electric fan, I really need to get back to modding my truck some more.

Later...
    Bruce

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    damn, 12.76 and you've still got mods yet to still add?

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    damn, 12.76 and you've still got mods yet to still add?
    Wanna be consistent.

Still running a lot of stock parts on the truck that I would like to upgrade.

Later...
    Bruce

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast