Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Project Ball Buster - Phase III - Reassembly!!!

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    speaking of which krix...where is that thing and when/if are you gettin it back...talk about never ending projects!! u n ayrton racin to be the longest i know im funny...you dont have to tell me

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Project got extended a little, Christmas was the original due date.

Its all MY fault though, as I added a crap load more custom work, that kept their metal worker and body guys busy for a few extra unplanned weeks.

Waiting for more suspension pieces to roll in, then slowly but surely it will be unleashed!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Originally posted by HD DUDE
    A Sonic Blue Harley................ Wow................
    haha, not going 100% sonic blue, although i'd be interested to see one just changing the accent colors to sonic blue. engine bay will be all done up in black/silver/chrome but with sonic blue instead of red that i used to have, then next year i'll yank the pinstripe and get some flames like fuzion has on his truck, but in sonic blue, hit the calipers in anodized blue, and get a new windshield banner, and swap out the neons from red to blue

Originally posted by Krix330cic(NJ)
    Mind as well Turbo that biatch while its down!

Come on man, impress me while I'm without my own truck!
    lol well if you're supplying the free turbo and all that crap, be my guest! otherwise i aint got chit worth of money to do that! everything else is already bought and paid for

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Down Under
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Harley#356
    haha, not going 100% sonic blue, although i'd be interested to see one just changing the accent colors to sonic blue. engine bay will be all done up in black/silver/chrome but with sonic blue instead of red that i used to have, then next year i'll yank the pinstripe and get some flames like fuzion has on his truck, but in sonic blue, hit the calipers in anodized blue, and get a new windshield banner, and swap out the neons from red to blue
    Sounds like a plan. Gota have a plan.

2003 F150 Harley Davidson #4520 (Black) Born 11th Feb 2003
    2004 F250 7.3L TD Australian Delivered (Black)
    2008 FXDF Fat Bob
    2008 Ducati Hypermotard (S) (Black)
    2008 Hayabusa (Black)
    2007 Hayabusa (Custom 10" over & 330 Rear End)
    2005 HD Ultra Classic (Black)
    2003 DRZ440 Motarded
    My Main Gallery
    My Other Rides

Back From the Dark Side
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LoL! dont be jealous just because i've made more progress on my truck in one month's time than the entire shop has seen in the 8 months you've been in there! haha
    Yeah...because I gotta walk around all your CRAP to get to all my CRAP ...takes a lot of extra time

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well got the freeze plugs FINALLY! after USPS taking a week to get my set from ND instead of the supposed 2 days, i went to the dealer and they found a set next day (even though befor ethey said a week ) and the day after i get the set from Ford the sets from ND arrive

New Problems! the FU*KING machine shop double keyed the crank wrong rather than the keys being 180* apart, they are only like 175* apart. its a friggin 1/16th inch off, just enough where there's no way to get the double keyed balancer to fit on

you can see the left key fits in the hole. the right key you can only see the top half of the key in the bottom of the keyway, and see light shining through at the top part

just setting stuff together to make it look like i made some progress, even though i didnt

masked off for paint (ignore the valve covers, had to sand them down b/c the sonic blue didnt sit right in the ridges, repainting them now)

high temp primer

high temp gloss metallic silver and high temp clear

more later after i finish repainting the valve covers and get the idlers and stuff bolted up on the timing chain cover

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOOKS DAMN GOOD! GOOD JOB!

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You have me yearning for a new longblock now.

...Must resist. ...Want Shelby GT500.

That is looking really good man. Can't wait until you get that thing fired up and post up the final pics. I can admit it. I am a little jealous of all your hard work. I would need a second job to keep up with you. Now that I have a mortgage, mod money is not as abundant any more.
    NHTOC Gallery My FTW Gallery
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 #5531
    Performance: JLP Built Shortblock, Comp Cams & Valve Springs, Stage IV Steigy Ported Supercharger, LFP E-Fan, LFP Aux Idler Pulley Kit with additional billet idlers, AirforceOne full Intake kit, FTVB, Art Carr TC, Morosso Trans Pan, Predator Tuner, 8# Lower, JLP Competition R Exhaust, FT Tranny cooler, 255 fuel pumps, Canton Deep Oil pan w/ Windage tray.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    thanks fella's!

cpharley, go for it man!!! I know somebody who's got a lightning longblock with only 9,000 miles on it for killer cheap! get it all built up and ready then swap it out and sell your stocker! Chit i cant even afford this working THREE jobs with NO mortgage

gotta say never realized quite the amount of work to s/c these n/a's and do it up 100% without cutting corners still not too bad, but just a lot of little crap to run into along the way

that jerk-off machine shop really is messing me up on the double key. i'm going to just have to run the single key like stock, and hopefully ayrton can get my money back on that, since no way in hell am i ripping the motor back down to ship the crank and balancer back to GA for them to try and fix it, they can kiss my azz

anybody want to buy a double keyed balancer? unfortunately its dead on at 180* and its the crank thats off, and would be a HUGE PITA to try and get a new balancer keyed at like 175* to match the crank mis-key

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cpharley, go for it man!!! I know somebody who's got a lightning longblock with only 9,000 miles on it for killer cheap!
    PM me some info hoss.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    heading your way krix!

Down Under
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Josh, I could be wrong but it may be worth explaining the keyway stuff up to an machine shop engineer. I can't see why he coudn't machine your double keyed balancer out on one of the keyways & milling up a custom key to fit the "L" shape keyway created by the extra machining. Just a thought. I know it could be done without to much trouble if you get a machinist worth his salt. I'd probably forget about the DH that stuffed up the crank job........

Another way would be to do the same machining but us a 2 piece key. Not sure.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the problem with that is the crank would have to come out of the motor to do any other machining on it, and after 10 hours assembling it, the crank coming back out is NOT an option haha....i'm already a month behind on this project, I was hoping to have the motor and trans IN by newyears then just spend january doing the rest of the minor bolt on stuff and wiring, but now it looks like maybe by february i'll have just the motor in

i did stop by a machine shop, and if the crank was correct at 180* and just the balancer wrong, they could have fixed that with just double keying another one, but with the crank being off and the balancer correct, to machine another balancer at like 175* or whatever it would be, the crank would really have to come out so they can use it to match up the key on the balancer, otherwise i'm lugging an entire long block around to here and back and all over the place lol

anyway a bit more progress last night...

ayrtons manifolds were actually rustier than mine so i ended up using tattoostuff's since they were in the best shape of all 3. lots of rust

BLING BLING

i cant wait til this is UNDER THE FRIGGIN HOOD!!!!!

still missing...harmonic balancer , waterpump (should be on its way from bigbill), and s/c belt ilders (missing the bolts )

Passenger motor mount...fits

Drivers motor mount...in my dreams now i'm trying to get ahold of a drivers side motor mount and hardware (missing too ) so i can get this sucker in the damn truck!!!!!

new sig too

Down Under
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh - I may have just misunderstood your last post about machining your crank again, but what I was suggesting was to do all the machining on the banancer to suit the crank & then fabricate a custom key to suit the "L" shape offset left behind. There are ways for you to accurately measure the position of the keyways in your crank without having to deliver the motor to the shop. Then the machine shop can modify your banancer to suit.

Another thing you could do is don't do any machining to either the crank or banancer. Just mill a key to suit the "Z" keyway you have now. Only thing with this is it wouldn't be as strong as machining the balancer & a custom key, but it would be stronger than a single keyed balancer.

Anyway this may all be too much effort for the end result. Your call.

You are putting a heap of work into this conversion. Congrats on the progress made so far. It is a credit to you. Now lets see how many minutes the paint lasts on those idlers.
    Last edited by HD DUDE; 01-15-2006 at 05:07 PM.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    mann that is looking so sweet .....Josh your hard work is looking real nice
    BLESSED / 03 2TONE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast